1) “Bumping” a lock open is a form of picking. Picking has been around as long as locks.
2) Locks and Keys evolved because of “skeleton keys” which were master keys that could open any lock.
3) Lock pick sets, including bump keys are available on the Internet with instructional videos.
4) For years locksmiths have been advising customers to buy “High Security” which has become the new “Standard”. These locks are usually bump proof and the keys cannot easily be bought.
5) The biggest problem with locks and keys right now is the ease of making a copy. For about $2 I can take your key to a locksmith or the corner store and make my own copy. No id required.